We’ve improved our buoy offerings on Twitter, including the addition of 19 new buoys in the Northeast Atlantic, Celtic Sea, and the English Channel. This includes the UK Met Office observational buoys, which provide real-time weather and marine data, as well as a number of Lightships within the English Channel.
The buoys now reporting on Twitter include:
- K1 Buoy – @buoyK1
- K2 Buoy – @buoyK2
- K5 Buoy – @buoyK5
- M3 Buoy (30 NM Southwest of Mizen Head) – @buoyM3
- M4 Buoy (Donegal Bay) – @buoyM4
- M5 Buoy (South East) – @buoy_M5
- M6 Buoy (West Coast) – @buoyM6
- Sevenstones Lightship – @buoy62107
- Sandettie Lightship – @buoy62304
- Greenwich Lightship – @buoy62305
- Gascogne (Bay of Biscay) – @buoy62001
Have we missed a buoy? No problem, let us know which buoy you’d like to see on Twitter and we’ll do our best to get it online.